Hands up if you love gyros! How about tzatziki??? I can’t get enough of either and today I am sharing my simple tzatziki recipe with all of you! Not only can you use it on gyros but it makes an amazing dipping sauce for pita and naan bread and I love to mix it into quinoa to make a killer cold salad!
PS you will need to make a batch of my famous dump ranch, which is also included below, However if you prefer you could very easily use plain yogurt. ENJOY!
PRO TIP: If you do not have dump ranch on hand, substitute with greek yogurt. GLUTEN FREE LOW CARB
- 1/2 c. dump ranch
- 2 T. dried dill
- 2 T. lemon juice
- 1/4 c. cucumbers sliced diced or chopped
- Mix all ingredients together and let chill 30 minutes before serving.
Calories: 69kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Fat: 8g
PRO TIP: Make your initial batch with my Original House Seasoning and then add different seasonings for different meals. Example: Add the Ragin' Cajun to create a cajun ranch! Want an avocado ranch? Add half of an avocado and 2 T. of my SoCal Cilantro Lime GLUTEN FREEDAIRY FREE (except egg)LOW CARB
Servings 32 Tablespoons
- 1 egg
- 1 c. extra light olive oil this is KEY
- 1 T. lemon juice
- 2 T. vinegar
- 1 c. full fat coconut CREAM Thai brand is best...make sure it's the cream
- 1 handful cilantro or parsley
- 1 1/2 T. TLC Handcrafted Seasoning Blend of Choice House, Blackened, Chile Lime and Taste of Arizona are spectacular in this!
- To a container add all ingredients and use a handheld immersion blender to emulsify the ingredients. You may also use a good quality traditional blender.
- TIP: When using an immersion blender use the container that came with it and add the egg, then oil, the coconut cream, then vinegar, lemon juice, and seasonings. Stick the immersion blender at the bottom of the container, turn on, and do not move it until a lot of bubbles start to form on the top. Once this has happened you may move the blender around to make sure everything is well combined.
Serving: 1T | Calories: 77kcal | Carbohydrates: 0.2g | Protein: 0.3g | Fat: 8.8g | Cholesterol: 5mg