Steak Taco Quinoa Bowls
Yields: 4 servings per recipe - 1/2 cup of cooked quinoa per serving
- 1 large ribeye steak (use a good quality cut)
- 1/2 -1 T. olive oil
- 2 T. TLC Taco Seasoning or Taste of Arizona
- 2 c. cooked quinoa
- 1 cucumber, diced small
- 1 shallot, diced small
- 1 red bell pepper, diced small
- 1 roma tomato, diced small
- 2 t. cilantro, chopped (can use parsley)
- 1 T. olive oil
- 1 T. lemon juice
- Cook quinoa according to package instructions.
- Remove steak from the fridge, and combine olive oil and seasoning to create a "paste" and rub into the meat.
- Cover and place steak in the fridge for the day or overnight, or leave at room temperature for an hour before cooking.
- Grill or broil steak to desired internal temp.
- Remove steak from the heat and let sit 5 minutes before cutting into thin strips.
- In a bowl combine the quinoa and all diced veggies.
- Add 1 T. olive oil and 1 T. of lemon juice and mix well.
- Top salad with thinly sliced steak and fresh cilantro or parsley.
- Calories: 238
- Fat: 11 grams
- Carbs: 22 grams
- Protein: 10 grams