Turkey Taco Polenta Bake
Yields: 8 servings per recipe
- 4 c. chicken broth
- 1 c. cornmeal
- 1 T. TLC House Seasoning
- 1 c. parmesan cheese
- 2 T. unsalted butter
- 1/2 packet low sodium taco seasoning
- 1 lb. lean ground turkey
- 3 T. TLC Taco Seasoning
- Place the chicken broth and garlic in a large saucepan.
- Cook over medium-high heat until it reaches a rapid boil.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and very slowly whisk in the cornmeal, whisking constantly to make sure there are no lumps.
- Add the salt and pepper, and allow to simmer for about 20 minutes, stirring continuously, and scraping the bottom of the pan, until thick.
- Remove from the heat and slowly stir in the parmesan and half packet of taco seasoning.
- Pout into a lightly greased glass pan, and smooth out to an even surface.
- Refrigerate at least one hour.
- Heat oven to 350.
- In a skillet, brown the ground turkey.
- Add Taco seasoning and mix well.
- Remove polenta from the fridge, and add the turkey meat to the top of the polenta in an even layer.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes, or until cheese bubbles and browns.
- Serve with Salsa Fresca or Guacamole Fresca. (Separate recipes)
- Calories: 491
- Fat: 19 grams
- Carbs: 23 grams
- Protein: 42 grams