I LOVE a good rice pudding, but so many recipes are so complicated! This one is simple and delish, and you can totally have fun with it and change up the seasonings on top with any of my cinnamon based blends (Inflammation Buster, The Gingerbread Man, Harvest Pumpkin Spice, American Apple Pie). TIP: Livin that low carb life? Use riced cauliflower, just make sure there isn’t excess moisture!
What You Need
- 3 ½ c. cooked white rice
- 2 ½ c. heavy cream
- 2 t. TLC Inflammation Buster Seasoning (may use plain cinnamon)
- 2 ½ c. milk
- 2/3 c. sugar
How to Make It
- In a large saucepan, combine the rice, milk, cream, sugar and salt. Bring to a simmer, stirring, over medium heat.
- Reduce the heat slightly to maintain a low simmer and cook uncovered, stirring frequently, until the mixture starts to thicken, about 30 minutes.
- Continue to cook, stirring occasionally to prevent the rice from sticking, until a spoon is just able to stand up in the pudding, about 5 minutes.
- Ladle the pudding into bowls and sprinkle with seasoning.