This simple, versatile recipe is perfect for a number of dishes, including tacos, nachos, burritos, huevos rancheros and more! Oh, and do yourself a favor a make a double batch…I do this and then portion it into baggies and freeze so I always have some available in a pinch! TIP: You can also sub out the red enchilada sauce for green if you prefer that flavor profile!
What You Need
How to Make It
- In a medium bowl combine chili the seasonings, enchilada sauce (half) and lemon juice. Mix well.
- Add half of the sauce mixture to the bottom of slow cooker.
- Cut meat into 3 inch cubes and add to the crockpot.
- Place meat in the slow cooker along with the remianing sauce and cook on high for roughly 6 hours, until meat shreds easily.
- Shred beef the beef in the crockpot, with the liquid, using a handheld mixer.
- Let heat through for 20 minutes or until beef absorbs a lot of the sauce.
- Great served with tortillas.
- TIP. Sear meat in a piping hot pan with olive oil before putting in the crock pot for better flavor!