Black Bean Brownies
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 c. old fashioned oats
- 1 15 oz. can black beans
- 1 T. olive oil
- 2 T. vanilla extract
- 1/4 c. cocoa powder
- 1/2 t. baking powder
- 1/4 t. salt
- 2/3 c. sugar
- 1/3 c. chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Grease an 8 x 8 baking dish.
- Rinse and drain the black beans.
- Going the oats to a powder in a food processor.
- Add the beans and vanilla into food processor and puree to a paste.
- Pulse in the eggs and oil, and mix until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the cocoa, baking powder, salt, and sugar.
- Slowly mix together the bean mixture and cocoa mixture, until well combined, and stir in chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into the greased baking dish, and bake for approximately 20-30 minutes (depending on size of pan, or until toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the middle.