Yields: 2 servings per recipe - 1 apple per serving
- 2 gala apples
- 4 c. water
- 1 T. ground cinnamon OR TLC Inflammation Buster Seasoning
- Peel and cut the apples into a medium dice.
- Bring water to a boil in a medium sauce pan.
- Add the apples.
- Boil approximately 5 minutes, until paper is tender, but not mushy, when poked with a fork or knife.
- Strain the apples in a colander and place into a bowl.
- Sprinkle with seasoning.
- TIP: I also love using pumpkin pie spice for this, and will add some nuts and whipping cream to make a dessert.
- TIP 2: To make applesauce, simply let the apples cook a few minutes longer!
- Calories: 88
- Carbs: 18 grams