Got a sweet tooth? Me too! Don’t want to completely de-rail your healthy eating habits? Feel free to indulge in all of these recipes and leave your guilt at the door.
For more info on Tiny Little Chef products and services, including the Handcrafted Seasoning Blends used in many of these recipes just CLICK HERE.
Banana Chocolate Chip Yogurt Muffins
Yields: 12 muffins - 1 muffin per serving
- 1 c. plain or vanilla greek yogurt (depending upon how sweet you like it)
- 2 ripe bananas
- 2 eggs
- 2 c. old fashioned rolled oats
- ¼ c. light brown sugar
- 1 ½ t. baking powder
- 1 ½ t. baking soda
- ½ c. chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Add oats to the food processor or blender and process until they are broken down finely.
- Add remaining ingredients except chocolate chips.
- Blend ingredients until well combined, and remove vessel from the food processor.
- Lightly stir in chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into greased muffin tins to about ¾ full.
- Bake 15-20 minutes, or until inserted toothpick or knife comes out clean.
- Allow to cool 10 minutes before removing from muffin tin.
- Store in an airtight container.
- Calories: 269
- Fat: 4 grams
- Carbs: 51 grams
- Protein: 5 grams
Yields: 12 brownies - 1 brownie per serving
- 3 eggs
- 1 15 oz. can black beans
- 3 T. canola oil
- 1 1/2 t. vanilla extract
- 3/4 t. cocoa powder
- 1/2 t. baking powder
- 1/4 t. salt
- 2/3 c. sugar
- 1/3 c. chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Grease an 8 x 8 baking dish.
- Rinse and drain the black beans.
- Put beans and vanilla into food processor and puree to a paste.
- Pulse in the eggs and oil, and mix until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the cocoa, baking powder, salt, and sugar.
- Slowly mix together the bean mixture and cocoa mixture, until well combined, and stir in chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into the greased baking dish, and bake for approximately 30 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the middle.
- Calories: 162
- Fat: 7 grams
- Carbs: 19 grams
- Protein: 4 grams
Yields: 2 servings per recipe - 1 apple per serving
- 2 gala apples
- 4 c. water
- 1 T. ground cinnamon
- Peel and cut the apples into a medium dice.
- Bring water to a boil in a medium sauce pan.
- Add the apples.
- Boil approximately 5 minutes, until paper is tender, but not mushy, when poked with a fork or knife.
- Strain the apples in a colander and place into a bowl.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon.
- TIP: I also love using pumpkin pie spice for this, and will add some nuts and whipping cream to make a dessert.
- TIP 2: To make applesauce, simply let the apples cook a few minutes longer!
- Calories: 88
- Carbs: 18 grams
Strawberry Banana Yogurt Pops
Yields: 6 pops
- 3 c. vanilla yogurt
- 1 c. chopped strawberries
- 1 very ripe banana
- In a blender, mix together the yogurt and banana until smooth and creamy.
- Add in chopped strawberries and pulse.
- Pour into popsicle molds and freeze a minimum of 4 hours, or until set.
- Calories: 77
- Fat: 1 grams
- Carbs: 14 grams
- Protein: 3 grams