Grilled Chicken Parmesan
Yields: 4 servings per recipe - 1 chicken breast per serving
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 28 oz. can petite diced tomatoes
- 2 t. garlic powder
- 2 T. Italian seasoning
- 1 t. crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 T. olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ c. Mozzarella cheese
- 2 T. Parmesan cheese
- In a saucepan, heat tomatoes, garlic, Italian seasoning, red pepper flakes and bay leaf. Let simmer for 30 minutes. Remove from heat and remove Bay leaf.
- Preheat grill on High. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly coat chicken breasts with olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Grill chicken on each side for 5 minutes.
- Transfer chicken to a baking dish and cover with tomato sauce.
- Sprinkle Mozzarella and Parmesan on top of the chicken.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes, or until cheese is brown and bubbly.
- Calories: 174
- Fat: 5 grams
- Carbs: 8 grams
- Protein: 19 grams