Mashed potatoes go to the next level with this simple and delicious recipe! If you really want to add some heat use canned jalapenos instead of green chiles!
Servings: 8 (1/4 c.) servings per recipe
What You Need
- 2 lbs. potatoes peeled and cut
- 2 T. butter
- 1 c. milk or heavy cream (can use plant based)
- 2 T. TLC Original House Seasoning
- 1/2 c. sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 c. diced green chiles
How to Make It
- Peel and dice potatoes, making sure they are all similar in size.
- Place peeled and cut potatoes in a large saucepan, add salt, and cover with water.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat and then reduce heat to medium, to a rolling boil.
- Cook until potatoes pull apart when poked with a knife.
- Remove the potatoes from the heat and drain off the water.
- Mash and slowly add the milk and seasoning.
- Beat to a smooth consistency with a hand mixer.
- Stir in the cheese and green chiles.
- Allow potatoes to thicken for 5 minutes before serving.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 198kcal | Carbohydrates: 24g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 8g
Need more recipes? Visit our amazing recipe vault!