Balsamic Veggie Bake
Yields: 4 servings per recipe
- 1 eggplant
- 2 yellow squash
- 2 zucchini squash
- 28 oz. can diced tomatoes
- ¼ c. olive oil
- ¼ c. balsamic vinegar
- 2 T. Italian seasoning
- ½ c. shredded Mexican cheese blend (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Wash and rinse all vegetable thoroughly.
- Cut the eggplant, squash and zucchini into medium sized pieces.
- Put into a bowl, and add the oil, vinegar and Italian seasoning.
- Put in refrigerator and let marinate for at least 2 hours.
- In a baking dish, pour out the vegetables and add the diced tomatoes. Make sure to stir ingredients well. Top with cheese if desired.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes, until veggies are tender. Remove from oven at this time if not adding cheese.
- Put oven on broil, and let cheese bubble and brown for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve.
- Calories: 273
- Fat: 19 grams
- Carbs: 14 grams
- Protein: 8 grams