Yields: 10 servings per recipe
- 12 oz. spaghetti
- ½ c. butter
- 1 c. freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 eggs, well beaten
- 2 ½ lb. ground beef
- 1 c. finely chopped onion
- 1 28 oz. can small diced tomatoes
- 1 15 oz. can crushed tomatoes
- 3 T. Italian seasoning
- 2 c. sour cream
- 8 oz. shredded mozzarella cheese
- Cook spaghetti to al dente and drain.
- Stir in butter, Parmesan cheese, and eggs.
- Chop up well with knife and fork.
- Form into crust of 2 10” pie tins. Let cool.
- Cook ground beef and onion. Drain off fat.
- Stir in diced tomatoes, crushed tomatoes, and Italian seasoning. Heat through.
- Spread sour cream onto spaghetti crusts.
- Fill pies with meat sauce.
- Cover with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes, until cheese is bubbly and golden brown.
- TIP: To make more healthy, substitute ground turkey, whole wheat spaghetti, and plain greek yogurt for the sour cream.
- Calories: 672
- Fat: 42 grams
- Carbs: 32 grams
- Protein: 34 grams