Christy's Chile Lime Chicken Wings
Yields: 4 servings
- 1 lb. chicken wings and drumettes (I go for smaller pieces as they cook up more quickly)
- 3 T. ghee or unsalted butter
- 3 T. MCT oil or coconut oil (can use olive oil as well)
- 3 T. lime juice
- 2 T. chopped cilantro
- ½ T. House Seasoning
- 3-4 T. Christy’s Chile Lime Seasoning
- Coat chicken with the House seasoning, massaging into the meat. Let rest at least 10 minutes, or (even better) until room temperature.
- In a skillet heat up the oil and butter until melted.
- Turn on your broiler to high (optional).
- Place chicken skin side down and let brown over medium-high heat.
- Flip after 4 minutes.
- After another few minutes, remove the chicken from the skillet (save the liquid!) and place onto a baking pan. Put the chicken under the broiler until skin is bubbly and crispy.
- In the pan with the cooking liquid add the Chacos Chile Lime Seasoning, lime juice, and half of the cilantro. Heat until thickened a bit.
- Add the chicken to the sauce mixture, toss together, and garnish with the remaining cilantro.
- Fat: 36 grams
- Carbs: 1 grams
- Protein: 18 grams