Apple and BBQ Chicken Summer Salad
Yields: 4 cups
- 1 chicken breast
- 1 T. TLC BBQ Seasoning Rub
- 1 T. olive oil
- 2 T. olive oil
- 1 T. lemon
- ½ T. TLC House Seasoning (combo of sea salt, garlic powder, and pepper)
- 2 c. spring mix
- ¼ c. blue cheese
- 1 small Gala apple, chopped
- ¼ c. chopped pecans or walnuts
- In a small bowl, combine the olive oil with the BBQ Seasoning, and rub on the chicken breast.
- Let marinate a minimum of 4 hours, remove from the refrigerator, and let rest a minimum of 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, and House Seasoning.
- Once chicken breast has rested for a minimum of 30 minutes, grill, broil, or bake until completely done and let sit an additional 10 minutes.
- After it has set for 10 minutes, cut into large chunks.
- In a large bowl, combine the spring mix, blue cheese, and chopped apples.
- Toss with the lemon juice mixture.
- Slowly work in the cooked chicken breast, and top with nuts if desired.
- Calories: 263
- Fat: 19 grams
- Carbs: 9 grams
- Protein: 16 grams