Tomato Avocado Chickpea Salad
Yields: 3 cups - 6 (1/2 c.) servings per recipes
- 1 15 oz. can chickpeas (or garbanzo beans)
- 1 cucumber, peeled and diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- ⅓ c. feta cheese
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 2 T. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 T. lemon juice
- ½ T. TLC House Seasoning Blend (combo of seal salt, garlic and pepper)
- 2 T. chopped cilantro
- Rinse and drain the chickpeas.
- In a bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, and House Seasoning.
- To the dressing mix, slowly incorporate the chickpeas and cucumbers; Stir well.
- Add the next layer of tomatoes and feta cheese, and stir well.
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill for 30 minutes.
- Right before you serve, top with the fresh cut cilantro and avocado.
- Calories: 354
- Fat: 14 grams
- Carbs: 33 grams
- Protein: 4 grams