There’s a reason this recipe has “famous” in the title….EVERYONE gobbles this right up! This has been a staple in both meal plans I have written as a nutritionist and in my former Catering career! The blend of herbs and spices is unique, and not one of my pre-made blends, BUT you could totally substitute with any of your favorites. (I would recommend Taste of Arizona, Bayou Blackened, or Ragin Cajun).
What You Need
- 2 lbs. of chicken breasts or tenderloin
- 2 T. dried parsley
- 1 T. dried oregano
- 1 T. paprika
- 1 T. garlic powder
- 1 t. salt
- ½ t. pepper
- 2 saltine crackers crushed finely
- 2 T. parmesan grated
- ½ c. butter
How to Make It
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a microwave safe dish melt the butter until liquid.
- In a bowl, combine dry spices in addition to the saltines and Parmesan.
- Once you’ve removed butter from microwave, coat both sides of the chicken thoroughly with the melted butter and place into a baking dish.
- Firmly pat the dried seasoning blend into both sides of the chicken.
- With any remaining butter, drizzle over the chicken breasts, and let stay in the bottom of the baking dish.
- Bake for approximately 30 minutes, or until there is no bounce back or give when the chicken is touched.
- Remove chicken from the baking dish, plate, and drizzle any butter sauce from the pan over the chicken.
- Serve and eat immediately.