What You Need
- 2 large eggplants
- 2 c. marinara sauce
- 2 large cloves of garlic sliced paper thin
- 2 T. TLC Rustic Italian Seasoning
- 1 tbsp TLC Garlic and Lemon Lovers
- 1 t. red pepper flakes
- 1 egg
- 15 oz. Ricotta cheese
- olive oil
- 1 c. shredded Mozzarella cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
How to Make It
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cut eggplant lengthwise, into ¼ inch strips.
- Salt both sides of eggplant slices well, and set in colander, with the colander placed in a sink of bowl.
- Leave for 30-45 minutes (this step can be skipped, but the salt helps dry out the excess moisture, leaving the eggplant with a better texture and taste. Very minimal salt is absorbed).
- In a small saucepan, combine marinara, garlic, Rustic Italian Seasoning, Garlic and Lemon Lovers Seasoning and red pepper flakes. Heat on a medium low for 30 minutes.
- In a large skillet, coat the entire bottom of the pan in olive oil over medium high heat.
- Add slices of eggplant and cook about 3 minutes until turning brown and soft. Repeat on each side. Make sure to use enough oil!
- Place eggplant on paper towels and blot to get rid of excess olive oil.
- In a small bowl combine the ricotta, egg, and a bit of salt and pepper. Mix well.
- In the middle of each strip of eggplant, place a heaping spoonful of ricotta and roll the eggplant. Place in a baking dish, seam side down. Repeat with all eggplant.
- Coat the tops of the eggplant rolls with Marinara and Mozzarella.
- Bake at 350°F for 20 minutes.
- Broil for 5 minutes until cheese is brown and bubbly.
Calories: 232kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 71mg | Sodium: 550mg | Potassium: 544mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 749IU | Vitamin C: 7mg | Calcium: 280mg | Iron: 1mg
Need more recipes? Visit our amazing recipe vault!