Lemon Herb Crockpot Chicken
Yields: 4 servings per recipe - 1 chicken breast per serving
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 c. low sodium chicken stock
- 2 lemons, halved (reserve juice)
- juice of 2 lemons
- 3 sprigs thyme
- 2 sprigs of rosemary
- 6 garlic gloves
- 5 basil leaves
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 T. salt
- Pour chicken broth into the bottom of the crockpot.
- Add all ingredients except the chicken. Stir ingredients to make sure all flavors are incorporated.
- Add chicken breasts. Spoon some broth over the chicken.
- Add lemon halves.
- Squeeze in lemon juice and add garlic cloves.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours, until cooked all the way through.
- Shred in the crock pot, with the liquid, using a handheld mixer.
- Calories: 206
- Fat: 4 grams
- Carbs: 14 grams
- Protein: 29 grams