Red Chile Beef
Yields: 16 (1/4 lb.) servings per recipes
- 4 lbs. beef chuck roast, cut into cubes
- ¼ c. New Mexico chili powder (red)
- 28 oz. red enchilada sauce
- 2 T. adobo paste or sauce
- 2 T. fresh lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a medium bowl combine chili powder, enchilada sauce (half) and lemon juice. Mix well.
- Add half to bottom of slow cooker.
- Cut meat into 3 inch cubes.
- Place in slow cooker on low and cook on high with additional sauce for roughly 6 hours, until meat shreds easily.
- Shred beef the beef in the crockpot, with the liquid, using a handheld mixer.
- Let heat through for 20 minutes or until beef absorbs a lot of the sauce.
- Great served with tortillas.
- TIP. Sear meat in a piping hot pan with olive oil before putting in the crock pot for better flavor!
- Calories: 274
- Fat: 4 grams
- Carbs: 8 grams
- Protein: 22 grams