Jamaican Jerk Chicken
Yields: 3 servings per recipe- 2 pieces of chicken per serving
- 6 chicken thighs (may also use breasts)
- 3 T. olive oil
- 1/4 c. white vinegar
- 1/4 c. ponzu sauce
- 1 T. vegetable oil
- 1 T. Brown sugar
- 1 T. TLC Mediterranean Seasoning (cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, cloves, thyme and oregano)
- 1 t. allspice
- 1/2 yellow onion, roughly chopped
- 1/2 jalapeno, seeds removed
- Heat olive oil in skillet, and add the chicken. (Only with skin-on chicken thighs. If uses skinless varieties, skip this step.)
- Brown on each side for a few minutes and move to the crockpot.
- In a blender, puree the vegetable oil, ponzu, vinegar, herbs and spices, jalapeno and brown sugar.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken and cook on low for about 4-6 hours.
- TIP: All Crockpots are different so keep an eye on it.
- Calories: 591
- Fat: 46 grams
- Carbs: 11 grams
- Protein: 34 grams