Talk about a versatile recipe! No Bayou Blackened on hand? Try Ragin’ Cajun or Taste of Arizona (or pretty much any of my Seasonings). Not a fan of bell peppers? Try it with mushrooms and onions! No chicken on hand? Try steak!
What You Need
- 4 chicken breasts (3-4 oz. each) cut into chunks
- 2 T. olive oil
- 2 T. TLC Bayou Blackened Seasoning
- ½ t. TLC Original House Seasoning
- 1 red bell pepper cut into chunks
- 1 yellow bell pepper cut into chunks
- 1 green bell pepper cut into chunks
- 1 red onion cut into chunks
- 1 T. olive oil
- ½ T. TLC Original House Seasoning combination of sea salt, garlic, and pepper
How to Make It
- Cut chicken into chunks.
- In a bowl, mix together the seasonings and olive oil until you form a paste.
- Rub the paste into the chicken and let sit at room temperature a minimum of 30 minutes.
- Cut bell peppers and onion into large chunks, and season with olive oil and house seasoning.
- In your sink or a large bowl, soak 4-5 wooden skewers (let soak 30 minutes to avoid burning on the grill.)
- Heat grill to 300-350 degrees.
- Skewer your chicken and veggies, alternating the two, until all skewers are complete.
- Grill until thoroughly cooked, approximately on 7-10 minutes (time depends greatly on your grill)
- TIP: Do not move skewers too much while cooking. The more you let the heat do it’s work, the less chance you have of overcooking.
You might also like: Garlic Balsamic Ribs Recipe