Yum, yum, yum! This hearty, filling soup will take you back to your childhood and warm you from the inside out!
Servings: 4 servings per recipe - 1 cup per serving
What You Need
- 1 32 ounce container chicken broth
- 2 skinless boneless chicken breast halves, roasted or boiled, cut into bite size pieces
- 1/2 16 ounce package frozen mixed veggies (I like carrots, peas, corn, and green beans)
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 T. garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups baking mix I use Bisquick
- 2/3 cup milk
How to Make It
- Combine chicken broth, bay leaves, garlic powder, salt, and pepper in a large pot; bring to a boil.
- Reduce to a simmer and cover for 20-30 minutes.
- Add chicken and veggies.
- Reduce heat, cover pot, and simmer until the veggies are tender, 10-15 minutes.
- Mix baking mix and milk in a bowl until dough is sticky; drop golf ball-sized pieces of dough into the soup. (I like to add a sprinkle of cayenne to the dough to add a bit of heat.)
- Cover pot and cook until dumplings are cooked through, about 10 minutes
- Ladle into bowls and serve!
Serving: 1g | Calories: 327kcal | Carbohydrates: 48g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 8g