This comfort soup will warm any chill in the air and leave you feeling satisfied!
TIP: I love to add a little roasted chicken to this soup to get in additional protein!
Haven’t tried my Handcrafted Seasoning Blends yet? What re you waiting for? Scroll to the image below the recipe and click to order yours…oh, and use code BLOG for a discount!
What You Need
- 40 oz. prepackaged butternut squash or one extra-large squash, peeled and diced
- 1 red bell pepper rough chop
- 1 yellow onion rough chop,
- 3 cloves garlic smashed
- 5 c. water
- 2 c. chicken stock
- 1 T. salt
- 2 T. white sugar OR sweetener of choice
- ½ c.-3/4 c. whole milk
- fresh thyme sprigs
How to Make It
- Put all ingredients in to a large pot. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer for 40 minutes.
- In small batches, blend until creamy.
- PLEASE leave room in the blender for the liquid to expand and steam to escape (¾ full or less).
- Return to pot and add milk.
- Ladle in to bowls, garnish with thyme, and enjoy.