A loaded baked potato, in soup form, in a bowl? Ok, sign me up! There are a few different ways to make this soup, and I have outlined the traditional recipe in this post. HOWEVER, you can 100% make this using my Crockpot Garlic Mashed Potatoes Recipe (linked below) How you ask? Simply make the mashed potatoes, scoop them out of the crockpot and add the chicken broth and half and half in the recipe below to get your desired consistency, then garnish with the toppings!
What You Need
- 3 T. all-purpose flour
- 2 large baked potatoes peeled and cubed
- ½ t. hot pepper sauce
- 3 bacon strips diced
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 t. TLC Original House Seasoning
- 1 t. salt
- ½ t. pepper
- 3 c. chicken broth
- 1 c. half-and-half cream
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Minced fresh parsley
How to Make It
- In a large saucepan, cook bacon until crisp.
- Drain, reserving 1 T. drippings, and set aside.
- Sauté onion and garlic in the drippings until tender.
- Stir in flour, salt, basil and pepper; mix well. Gradually add broth. Bring to boil; boil and stir for 2 minutes.
- Add the potatoes, cream and hot pepper sauce; heat through but do not boil.
- Garnish with bacon, cheese and parsley.
Get the Crockpot Mashed Potatoes Recipe!